Monday, June 28, 2010

my house | monday

me again.
with another daily post.
get excited, there are MORE!
one for everyday of the week.

monday is now - my house | monday
this is a day to feature fun projects, ideas, etc.
i want to feature my readers houses & projects too.
so if you are interested, get in touch with me! SOON!!!

this week i want to share with you a memo board | dry erase board | magnet board | etc.
whatever it is, it's just a bucket of fun.
our family loves it & i ♥, love, LOVE nothing more than breathing new life into something.
it's a fabulous feeling.

so lets start with where this memo board started.
little miss olivia [my 3rd baby, now 18 months] started with a fun nursery.
you can find that nursery here. we have since moved & changed decor, of course.
here is what the changing table used to look like


let me tell you about what happened to this table...
when we moved, as i went to move the cabinet into the house it literally broke into pieces.
yep, that's what i get for spending so little money on it.
ask my husband, he will fill you in on my junk collecting & his HATRED for it.
i just couldn't bring myself to to part with it all when it broke.
so here is what i chose to do with it....


it went from changing table to memo board in 20 minutes flat. 
& i am quite sure it was a kitchen cupboard of some sort at one point too!
the kids love to hang up their artwork on it too!

next time you think something is just "junk" think again.
you never know how it really can be used again. 

happy monday! maybe next monday we can be at your house!

2 comments:

Shanna Curtis June 28, 2010 at 8:14 AM  

Beautiful!! What a crafty idea...way to think of a fun way to use something instead of throwing it out!!

Crystal Escobar June 28, 2010 at 10:43 AM  

oh wow! That is so cool! I love when I see trashed turned to treasure!!! So cool!!!

who's taking a [peek?]

my [daily] reads.

the [lady] behind the lens.

Im passionate. inspired. [driven.] and love to see people happy. I was first inspired by my [three] sweeties to pick up a camera. I am now hooked and want to show my little misses the beauty of chasing a dream & feeling alive.