Friday, July 2, 2010

saturday | sweets

so a while back, i made these..  yummy rainbow cupcakes
my kids LOVED them & so did i.
they were for my sister in law's kindergarten class.
every year she throws them a celebration at the end of the year.

& i love making yummy treats for them to enjoy!



for the saturday | sweets post, i am sharing the recipe with you!
you can find the recipe for the cupcake batter here.
to get them to be vibrant colors of the rainbow..
divide the batter out evenly into bowls, then add your favorite food coloring or dye.
[if using normal food coloring it needs to be the neon kind, in large amounts too.]
i used the wilton brand gel coloring & it was SO easy!
making sure to add more than normal for the vibrant, rich colors desired...
to achieve the rainbow look, add a little dollop of batter into each cupcake liner until 3/4 full.
you can do the same in each liner, mix it up, your choice.
cake is so good, no matter the color...
but really how fun is eating a rainbow???

maybe, just maybe, i get a little too excited about it.
but you know...cake is a favorite of mine.
that's why i can't eat it often....
my behind doesn't appreciate it.
ha ha ha.

to make buttercream to top them with, find the recipe here.
only for this batch i also added marshmallow fluff to it.
just a teensy bit...about 1/4 cup & you're good.
it gives it the perfect touch of sweet & fluffy.
once you try it, you may not go back.

anyway, hope you enjoy. have a happy 4th of july weekend!
you could certainly make the batter for these red, white & blue....
& maybe top with a white or red buttercream & a sparkler!
how FUN would that be??
if i weren't on vacation , you can bet that i would be making them!

have a sweet | saturday! 
let's celebrate our freedom!
XOXO - ♥

4 comments:

The Peros July 3, 2010 at 9:14 AM  

I am planning on these for my little one's bday in the fall..!

Aaron [air] July 3, 2010 at 11:00 AM  

they are yummy! I bet they will be a hit :)

Tomi July 4, 2010 at 12:00 PM  

I used this technique to make a giant 4th of July cupcake. with marshmallow sparklers. I will post a pic to fb. You rock aaron'

Andrea July 4, 2010 at 12:45 PM  

Oh my WORD these are amazing! I would have loved to make these for my rainbow party! I'm going to make some anyway... gorgeous!

who's taking a [peek?]

my [daily] reads.

the [lady] behind the lens.

Im passionate. inspired. [driven.] and love to see people happy. I was first inspired by my [three] sweeties to pick up a camera. I am now hooked and want to show my little misses the beauty of chasing a dream & feeling alive.